The zipper machine manufacturer teaches you to choose a zipper
Please pay attention to the following issues during the use of the zipper:
1. Contrasting color zipper (the fabric is inconsistent with the zipper tape, such as white fabric with black and red zipper tape) when buying, must pay attention to the color fastness, the zipper must be tested and confirmed before sewing before it can be put into production;
2. Nylon zippers are used for PVC fabrics or waterproof/ski fabrics (in light colors). Please note that the fabric will absorb oil stains in the zippers and cause stains on the fabric;
3. All-cotton metal zipper garments change color after dyeing. Discoloration occurs due to the chemical reaction between the microphone teeth, the separate parts, the slider and the top stop after acid/alkaline dyeing.
4. White-plated nickel-free and rack-plated nickel-free sliders are used for white cotton materials (such as wool products) that are easy to change color (such as yellowing, black, etc.), mainly because they are not cleaned after bleaching and dyeing , Caused by reaction with chemical residues.
5, 8#, 10# resin, metal sliders, or large-volume pull tabs, round pull tabs are not effective in passing the needle. On the one hand, it is due to its large volume, and the round pull tab will generate a magnetic field when testing the needle, which will affect the effect of the needle detection test.
The microphone teeth of the metal zipper turn black and the discolored microphone teeth will pollute the clothing. Once the copper alloy is oxidized, it will turn black…Do not seal the packaging bag, keep its air permeability, and be careful not to be full of moisture (use Anti-moisture paper, anti-moisture agent, the effect will be better).
The dye on the zipper may react with the plasticizer, bonding agent, oil agent and other components in the resin coating of polyethylene, synthetic leather, cloth, etc., and the phenomenon of migration may occur. The finished products should be separated by paper, and Pay attention to the save state.
Due to the use of dyed brown zipper or black zipper, the contact part of the cloth and the zipper will be contaminated. In the dyeing process of clothing, the remaining acidic substances or oxidants will react chemically, so that the contact part of the zipper and the clothing may be contaminated. Please use fully washed cloth and materials.
9. Washing and processing
(1) After washing and processing, the discoloration of the zipper’s teeth or corrosion of washing and processing chemicals will weaken the slider. When washing and processing, it is best to use a spring-head zipper with strong resistance to washing. In order to prevent residual acid in the washing process, please wash thoroughly to a neutral state. With different processing types or types of medicines, the fabric will weaken, so experiments must be done before washing.
(2) After washing and processing, the self-locking slider is damaged. The zipper is washed while the zipper is open, and debris will enter the slider, making it easy to break, so please do the washing with the zipper closed.
10. The correct washing method
(1) Before washing or putting it in the dryer, please close the zipper and fix the slider. If it is opened for washing, the front end of the top stop will damage the fabric and the tape will shrink.
(2) A strong alkaline detergent or chlorinated bleach will melt the paraffin or oil film on the zipper. Please pay special attention when using it.
11. Appropriate materials, appropriate temperature, and correct ironing method
(1) The temperature of the iron should be changed with the material, and the zipper should also have an appropriate temperature, so as to maintain the strength and beauty of the zipper.
(2) When ironing the zipper, be sure to close the zipper, fix the zipper in the normal position, do not let the slider pull upside down or stand up, and start ironing only after covering the cloth, otherwise, Unexpected things will happen.
For children’s products, pay special attention when choosing a zipper, please choose special.
Precautions for sewing invisible zipper
1. Invisible zipper is sewn with a special sewing machine
2. Both ends of the zipper must be sewn back
3. It must be sewn so that the zipper stitching becomes a straight line, and the line segment cannot be blocked
4. Do not sew on the chain teeth when sewing to prevent jamming and opening of the belly
Precautions for the use of metal zippers
◆ The discoloration principle of metal zipper teeth
1. The chemical properties of copper alloys
The chemical nature of copper alloy is that it will react chemically when it encounters acid, alkali, oxidizing agent or reducing agent, and it is easy to change color. When the chemical agent remaining on the clothing reacts with the elements, the slider or the open end of the metal zipper, the zipper may change color. This kind of chemical reaction is more likely to occur under high temperature and high humidity conditions (sewn products are steam ironed, sealed and packaged in plastic bags and stored for a long time, etc.). This situation does not belong to the quality of the zipper.
2. Examples of discoloration caused by chemical reaction
1. Oxidizing bleaching agent (H2O2) → black (CuO) or red (CuO2)
2. Reduce bleaching agent (Na2S03) → black (CuO, CuS) or red (CuO2)
3. Conditions for excess sulfide or HS2 gas → black (CuS)
4. Conditions of excess CL2 gas → light yellow (CuCl2)
5. Acidic compounds and chromium compounds (Cr2O3) → black (CuO), red (CuO2) or blue (CuSO4)
6. Steam ironing or wet in rainy day → blue (Cu(OH)2)
◆ Precautions when using metal zippers for clothing of different textures
The bleaching of wool knitwear usually uses the following methods.
1. Treat with acid bleach (H2O2) or reduce bleach (sulfurous acid).
2. In the post-treatment process of bleaching processing-shrink-proof treatment or bleaching treatment, etc., if the water washing and neutralization treatment are not sufficient, gases such as CL2 or S2 will be generated, and they will be exposed to high temperatures (steam ironing). Easily react with metals. So after bleaching, please use a cloth that is clean enough.
3. As the fabric is squeezed and packaged immediately after being steam-ironed, the metal zipper’s accessories (teeth, slider, top and bottom stop, etc.) containing copper alloy components react chemically with reagents or gases, and are easy to change color. Therefore, the product after steam ironing should be fully cooled before packaging.
Leather processing usually uses mineral acids, sulfuric acid, chromium compounds, aldehyde compounds, etc. The main component of leather is animal protein. It is very difficult to completely remove the processing reagents (inorganic acid, sulfuric acid, chromium compound, aldehyde compound, etc.), which easily leads to the phenomenon of reagent residue on the leather. When these residual reagents come into contact with the metal zipper, the color of the metal accessories (teeth, sliders, top and bottom stops, etc.) will gradually change. Therefore, please use leather that has been thoroughly cleaned and neutralized.
General clothing goods
Due to insufficient cleaning treatment after dyeing, the acidic compounds remaining on the dyed fabric will easily chemically react with the metal zipper and stain the fabric. Therefore, please use clothes that have been completely cleaned of oxidants (neutralization treatment) or thoroughly washed.
◆ Special purpose and special requirements should be indicated when purchasing metal zippers, such as ordinary water washing, acid enzyme washing, etc.